6.14.2013

Kitty

P1010888 by jb byrne
Lil and Kitty, 1.1.12

Found out today Kitty has cancer, and while we're waiting to find out if it's a treatable form, I'm  mentally preparing to explain kitty-angels to Lil.

It's a sad evening here, but with both girls asleep it's like being in a cloud of melancholy. Lil had a magical way to keep my mind focused on happier things after Granmary died, but this is going to be a lot tougher for her. I don't know how or what we will find to distract ourselves when Kitty isn't pit-pattering around, stealing Lil's tiny mousies, or cuddling in her bed.

Sometimes there's just no way to "be strong" for your kids. It's just gotta be messy and sad and ugly crying. I have a feeling that Lil will be the one surprising me with her resilience, and Bitty babe will smile in the face of my sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment