5.22.2011

commencement extravaganza

P5226451


I was thinking of starting a legacy at the New School with Lil, but after attending the commencement ceremony at Wesleyan University, I think I've changed my mind.  They put on a good show, and Lil got to cop her first squat on a grassy hillside.  The sky was a bit too gray, but her floral print tulle-lined dress brightened things up a bit.  I think Lil now understands the value of a liberal arts education, and I'm certain she spent part of the day contemplating infinity.  

P5226496

Lil is very proud of her Aunt Em, and loved all the nice girls she met in Middletown, CT.  Mama's glad she has so many smart young women to look up to.

Aunt Em and the sleepy Lil

There were new family members to meet too! Lil finally laid eyes on her great-grandmother ("little grandma") Dorothy, and the fabulous (great) aunt/ master sweater knitter Gayellyn, and we made it a four-generation event.  How cool is that?

lil chillin' with little grandma

1 comment:

  1. Awwww....Lil looks bigger! love her look and you found her a cute headband! Looking well accessorized as usual! salmon is a pretty color on her.
    -Malika

    ReplyDelete