4.30.2011

knit wit





I can't knit. I can't sew. I can barely iron. But I really love it when people who can do these things gift us their creations. This little sweater was made by Papa's aunt on the west coast. The berry colors are like opening a bag of Skittles, and the yarn is beautifully dyed with subtle variations in each fiber. Lil's grand-tante also made her a matching hat, and although I mentioned Lil hates hats, she loves this one!  It must feel good to have something made especially for you squeezing your ears.  As her mama, I just love that someone paid special attention to even the smallest detail just for my l'il Lil.





Lil paired her hand knit sweater with her favorite baggy baby jeans, a kelly green onesie, and her sheepskin mocs (the final look at our favorite footwear!). Spring has finally arrived in Brooklyn, and this sweater is perfect for keeping that last hint of cold air away from Lil's sensitive skin.  While we waited for Papa to get home, Lil entertained herself in her swing- which she's also outgrowing!




1 comment: