11.10.2011

last of the strange green things

PB107583
pretty as a princess, but no poison in that apple

Just like cold weather kills all green things, our CSA shares also came to an end this week. I can't say I'm sad about it. The wet summer was reportedly very bad for a lot of veg, especially tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, corn, spinach, carrots, and pretty much everything else beside eggplants and sweet potato leaves. We didn't even get a single pumpkin! But enough complaining. We gathered up our few measly potatoes, a sad winter squash, and a dying bunch of parsley for a bookend to this photo shoot from back in June. At least something pictured has grown and flourished and thrived, and it's obvious I'm not talking about veggies.

PB107629
russet, or yukon gold?

Lil's definitely the biggest and most beautiful piece of organic, locally grown deliciousness I lugged home all season. There's no way I'm complaining about that!

PB107720

I think Lil will have enough organic sweet potatoes to get her thru college, but beside that, we need some new ways to get organic fruits and veggies this winter. Otherwise, I'm afraid it's gonna be nothing but oatmeal and bananas for Lil...


1 comment:

  1. Love her!!!!! She is so big now!!! I can't wait to see her again!!

    ReplyDelete