3.26.2011

like mother, like daughter.

This is not one of those Mini-Me entries.  I did not dress Lil up in a mommy-matching outfit. I just couldn't do that to her (or to myself).  This is about the strange coincidental case of baby fashions imitating outdated tattoo art. I find baby onesies with Che Guevara are much more appealing than ones with little slogans referring to diapers and bottles (though there is an "mmmm, boobies" onesie that I find irresistible).  I was on the verge of purchasing a baby tee featuring Bob Marley with a huge spliff hanging out of his mouth, but I came to the conclusion that adult content while entertaining, can sometimes border inappropriate.  Maybe that- and my love of Baby Gap- is a sign that I'm becoming Mainstream. I guess this means I'll be purchasing a Justin Bieber action figure any day now.

Back to today's entry.  Lil's onesie features a classic tattoo print of a koi with a wave.  Nearly half a lifetime ago I went out and got myself that exact same tat.  Don't ask what made me get it, or why I chose a koi. But I was pretty stoked when her Grumpaw Mike came over with this little onesie (from Baby Gap's boy collection, of course) because now, in a very non-Lilli Pullizer sort of way, we match.

mommy & me?


wedding outtake, 2009.

8 comments:

  1. Probably my absolute favorite so far! Just when I think a baby can't possibly be more beautiful, darlin' Lil proves me wrong. Love the shirt, but a shout-out to "the pants that dance"(See Jesse Bear Gets Dressed) and my favorite, of all time "sho-cks).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, she is beyond fabulous and I love reading your entries...Be sure to let us know if you come to town anytime soon...would love to see you and your beautiful girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog. If you ask me, Lil is already aware that she is becoming an infant fashion icon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos and story! Lil is such a cutie and you are the best mommy stylist...I have to say, you are much cooler than me. I love matching with my daughter! If that makes me a dork, thats ok ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coordinating with your daughter is cute and fun! One stranger seemed annoyed that my daughter's brown Beco carrier matched my coat, instead of the baby's (also because it wasn't pink and my baby's gender was therefore hard to determine). It's "twinning" with our children that I find alarming. I recently saw a "mini-me" photo contest somewhere, and I think that would be creepy, especially when done on a daily basis. At my old job, we discussed creating a line of baby shoes to match our casual footwear. But Lilli Pulizer has always been one step away from the looney bin, if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete