4.06.2011

growing up


The first time Lil wore this, she was about 3 weeks old.  We went to the nice family-oriented part of Brooklyn to visit Lil's second cousins. She was swimming in this romper.  The toes of her little mocs were barely visible!  Now it looks like she's wearing little knickers.  I am going to be sad to pack this away.  I love baby velour, and the smocking detail in pink and white soften the teddy bear brown so nicely. 

What to do with this first bunch of baby things that no longer fit?  Today Lil and I sent a box of her gender-neutral and boyish things to her little cousin in California.  It's a great way to extend the life of newborn gear that gets hardly any wear.  But these pretty little girlish things... well, we just have to wait for the next tiny fashion plate!


growing up fast
After only a few weeks of motherhood, I've learned that it really is true- they do grow up too fast.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh...I can't believe how fast she's growing. I'm going shopping tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete