4.20.2011

a miracle


 Before you think I'm going to get all mushy about what a wonderful thing babies are, let me stop you.  Today was anything but wonderful.  The eruption of Lil's first tooth was accompanied by an eruption of cries and bona fide baby tears.  Such emotions from this wee person made it very difficult to get -and stay- dressed for the day.  In the end I went back to the basics and pulled out something called the Miracle Blanket which is basically a straight jacket for babies, but without all the straps and buckles.  And just like the criminally insane, small babies love to be wrapped tightly.  Lil hadn't been swaddled in a while, so I wasn't sure it'd work, but sure enough, she managed to produce a smile.

comforted... or crazy?


Once Lil had perked up, we moved on to the look of the day.  I found this Fair Isle sweater "dress" that was actually part of a set which included little knitted britches and a matching hat.  The bottoms are too big for Lil, plus she's more mod than that. I found argyle BabyLegs in complimentary colors, and a diaper cover from Best Bottom diapers in strawberry shortcake. 

miss mod




I really love baby clothes that have real pockets.  I'm sure any day now Lil's going to find them useful.

Lil contemplates mixing patterns

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! She really is the best dressed baby!
    PS- we loved the miracle blanket for Lia too!!
    The only one she couldn't easily escape from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finally looked at the miracle blanket instruction video. I've never done it the right way, but it still works pretty well, and no annoying Velcro straps! They say you're only supposed to swaddle up to 14 weeks, but she's getting all wiggly again

    ReplyDelete