4.11.2011

vintage-inspired, or just old-fashioned?

I am surprised they still make baby clothes with the Peter Pan collar.  I first encountered it on a few of Lil's hand-me-downs, and I just figured those were items from several years ago.  But as I was shopping some trendy baby shops I noticed girls' and boys' layette still featured this frivolous, dated style.  I know that every so often designers will show the Peter Pan in women's wear, and when they do I ridicule it and make jokes about Popeye's Olive Oil.  On baby wear, I usually have a different reaction: I flashback to the days before Polio vaccinations, when it was preferred that children be seen and not heard.  

Alright, that may be taking it too far.  Instead I'll say that this look is vintage-inspired, it's classic baby girl fashion.  The soft pink rosebuds are really sweet with the drop waist, and I can't deny that the Peter Pan is not just darling, it really is the perfect detail for a simple silhouette.  And besides, it functions like a mini bib!
I won't grow up

She did look pretty sweet, even walking around the hipster capital.  We were hanging out at the coffee shop sippin' iced coffee, and all those cool chicks took one look at Lil and started to coo.  It just goes to show that classic baby is a sure thing, no matter the crowd.
dress by Ralph Lauren
Every infant's favorite friend, Sophie Giraffe!

2 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous is this vintage fashion and looks bigger since I saw her last!

    ReplyDelete