4.09.2011

tangled up in blue

Gorgeous day for Lil & Mama to take a stroll!  We headed to a new natural baby store in the area called Caribou Baby, which was a good half-hour walk from home.  It's amazing that this is the only natural-minded baby store in New York.  There are plenty of trendy designer baby stores in the city, but heaven forbid you want a baby carrier that actually works, or organic cloth diapers, or all-natural baby products. You had no choice but the internet, just like people who didn't live in what's supposed
to be the city that has it all.
blue traveler

 I'm feeling pretty lucky to have Caribou Baby in the neighborhood.  We went in today looking for a new baby carrier so I can wear Lil around the house without a lot of buckles and straps and things.  They have beautiful wraps and slings, and it turns out that the owner, Adriane, is an expert babywearer.  She not only helped me pick out a beautiful wrap from Ellaroo, she also gave me a crash course in babywearing (there's more to it that you'd think). The wrap I picked out is easy and lightweight, comfy for around the house and quick errands.  I chose a beautiful turquoise striped fabric to compliment Lil's eyes.  She loved it and was lost in sleep soon after I tied her in.
She looks great wrapped up in this
We were very lucky to have the company of our good friend Jessica, who little Lil is quite fond of.  It's so nice to have back-up, especially out in public.  Later when we got home, there was a package from our favorite discount online retailer, Zulilly!  This gorgeous organic cotton wrap sweater was in there, along with a couple other Lil goodies. 
teeny houdini

Today's look was inspired by our new Ellaroo Wrap.  I took her new wrap sweater and added her favorite "Jolly Jack" Baby Legs, and one of Bum Genius' artist print cloth diapers.  I'm so glad blue isn't just for boys.

2 comments:

  1. Blue definitely not just for boys--it's my absolute favorite color! Lil looks just gorgeous in her new outfit! Enjoy your new sling. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her in blue!! I want to hear more about this new store and your sling. talk/get together soon!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete